Permanent Position: UX Researcher
Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Benefits: Flexible working environment, generous holiday allowance and training budget, discretionary annual company bonus, pension, free staff events, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
Are you inherently curious about people and their behaviours? Do you have an enthusiasm for design and technology? Are you looking to develop your new career in UX?
Our talented Upstream team is growing and we are looking for someone who is passionate about user-centred design, research and human behaviour, to join our Lead UX Designer and UX Designer.
As our UX Researcher you’ll be responsible for unearthing human insights in order to guide the design of the software we are creating for our clients. We work with clients from an array of industries, including the NfP and Membership sectors.
You will also be responsible for planning, designing, preparing and running user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of our client projects. Meeting clients to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching. Conducting stakeholder and client interviews. Relaying research results in a creative and engaging manner that key stakeholders can understand.
Essential skills and experience
- At least one-years experience in a UX research role
- End-to-end experience and/or understanding of all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, commissioning, facilitating, user tests, moderating, analysis, reporting)
- Good knowledge of interaction design principles and methodology
- Able to use a range of qualitative research methods and tools (e.g. Hotjar, userzoom or equivalent) to reveal actionable insights
- Able to use a range of qualitative research methods to reveal actionable insights
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter/ self-motivated
Nice to haves
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Product Design or a computer science field
- Experience of using prototyping software tools
- Experience of VWO, Hotjar, AB Tasty, Crazy Egg (or similar) tools
Once you are ready to apply click here.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies.