Permanent Position: QA Engineer
Salary: £23,000 to £30,000 DOE
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 2NT)
Benefits: Flexible working environment, occasional working from home, no line manager, above average holiday allowance, generous training budget, discretionary annual company bonus, Friday drinks, no dress code, onsite café, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
We are an established software development company with a growing presence in the Membership and Charity sector, working with clients from an array of industries. We are a really talented and motivated team that’s focused on bringing change to the not-for-profit sector.
As a QA Engineer at Felinesoft, you’ll be a valued team member making a real contribution to our software projects. With no line managers, you’ll be responsible for deciding how to carry out your tasks to achieve the best results.
As part of your project team, working with in-house developers, project manager, and wider sprint team, you’ll be responsible for providing test and support resource. Testing bespoke software solutions, which (depending on the project) can cover a mixture of websites, Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, or apps. You’ll interact with the client throughout the project: for example, over the phone, when they visit us in Bristol for sprint planning and when you visit them on-site for UAT run through. Throughout you’ll be taking ownership of the quality of the delivery to our clients.
As part of our growing QA team, you’ll be working with your QA colleagues (“QA Guild”) to improve processes and support the implementation of testing automation in 2020.
And finally, as part of the Felinesoft team you will be expected to participate in the company culture of self-learning, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement. With our generous training budget, you can request to attend external training courses, take online tests, purchase books and more.
- Creating Test Plans for project deliverables;
- Running tests and identifying, reporting and progressing faults;
- Creating user manuals;
- Running UAT with the client;
- Taking ownership of the quality of the final product, raising issues and feeding back as necessary.
Essential skills and experience
- Commercial QA/software tester experience (2 years minimum)
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of automated tools such as Selenium
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience or awareness of Agile software development
- Able to self-organise and motivate oneself
- Enjoys analysing and problem solving
- Has a great eye for detail
- Proactive and confident
- Excellent communication skills
- A great team player
- A quick learner
Before applying please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Once you are ready to apply click here.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies.